One of a five part blog series, these decor secrets will make you feeling rich… with information.
- Quick and cost effective way of refresh a bedroom? Updating the bed linen and adding plenty of cushions and throws.
- Measurements matter. Before buying any piece of furniture, check how much space it will take. To do this, take a piece of newspaper and make a template of the item. Place the template on the floor and fix it with masking tape to see if the dimensions work with your existing furniture.
- Accent colours can be used as complementary colours. Use bright and vibrant hues in small quantities for that “wow factor”. Try to keep most of your room in tones and shades of a single colour, then pick out a few objects that can be in the accent colour.
- Furniture with mirrored surfaces bounce light around and make a room look larger than it already is.
- Interior design books are full of huge sofas that look great but in a small room they can be very overwhelming and might make a room look and feel tiny.
Continue reading “#HeckOfAHome: 20 Decor Tips to Trip On – Part 1”
Ah, the dread. A relative decides she wants to behold your beautiful face and says she’ll drop by soon or the husband calls and casually drops a bomb about his colleagues visiting or you entirely forgot that you called work friends over for tea. As you rack your overworked mind with all failed excuses you can use to get out of this predicament, a silent realisation sinks in. The house is in a complete mess. Panic, you will and rightly so but we suggest you keep the “why me?” wailing session short and crisp. A quick clean-up is on the charts and you are your own help. Good thing you have us to walk you through it.
THE BEDROOM TREATY
Start with reminding yourself the best news of the day: Your unexpected guests are not going to set foot in the bedroom. This realisation will set you free, calm those nerves and bring out the sly evil in you! You thought right, the bedrooms can be utterly ignored and utilised as temporary dumping grounds (Insert: creepy resonating laugh).
Continue reading “How to Tidy Up your Home in a Jiffy”