One of a five part blog series, these decor secrets will make you feeling rich… with information.
- Quick and cost effective way of refresh a bedroom? Updating the bed linen and adding plenty of cushions and throws.
- Measurements matter. Before buying any piece of furniture, check how much space it will take. To do this, take a piece of newspaper and make a template of the item. Place the template on the floor and fix it with masking tape to see if the dimensions work with your existing furniture.
- Accent colours can be used as complementary colours. Use bright and vibrant hues in small quantities for that “wow factor”. Try to keep most of your room in tones and shades of a single colour, then pick out a few objects that can be in the accent colour.
- Furniture with mirrored surfaces bounce light around and make a room look larger than it already is.
- Interior design books are full of huge sofas that look great but in a small room they can be very overwhelming and might make a room look and feel tiny.