I can’t begin to tell you how easy this DIY really is. So I love beer/cider bottle caps. I used to collect a few, admire them for a while and trash them. Mainly because I didn’t know what to do with them. Lately, I’ve been trying to be conscious of the trash we create in our home and have been actively seeking ways to recycle and repurpose things.
The other day while reorganising my accessories I put an apple cider bottle and an egg carton to good use. It was a Little Creatures Pipsqueak Cider bottle that’s a beautiful brown. It also has the cutest little bottle cap and I couldn’t help but save one. I love the illustration on it.
I contemplated making a keychain, pendant or whatnot out of it. But I didn’t have any of the tools and buying them just to make one pendant seemed like a lot of work. So I thought of this easy DIY.
Also when I say it took me 1 minute to make it, I’m totally overexaggerating! It literally takes a few seconds if you have the things handy.
Continue reading “One Minute DIY: Bottle Cap Fridge Magnets”
Does anyone really use salt and pepper shakers at home? Well, we don’t and I can’t remember the last time I felt the need to either. But they sometimes come in RIDICULOUSLY adorable shapes and you have to have them!
I love pandas and general panda-shaped paraphernalia. And years ago when I collaborated with Flipkart for this outdoor picnic for one, I couldn’t resist picking up these panda salt and pepper shakers. Look how cute they are! I’ve been using them as random decorative pieces (one of them broke recently) around the house.
But the other day I finally found a massive value pack of incense sticks at Little India, only to realise I didn’t have an incense stick holder when I got back home.
Continue reading “#Hack: Best Way to Repurpose Salt & Pepper Shakers”
I started something new recently. For every birthday, anniversary and random celebratory day, I’ll DIY a gift for close family and friends.
No doubt, it shall be supplemented with a practical and useable store-bought gift. But I love the idea of spending the time to creating something with my hands for people who mean something to me.
And with Valentine’s day around the corner, I thought I’ll share a cute and romantic gift you could make for your Harry Potter loving partner.
I made this little artwork for my husband for his birthday earlier this month. Like every child of the late 80s-early 90s, he grew up reading books and watching movies about JK Rowling’s fascinating world of wizards. If you’re dating or married to a Potterhead, you know in your heart this little DIY will make their day.
Continue reading “DIY art to gift your Potterhead bae”
Sure, wall paint is everyone’s go-to option. But the decor savvy people of the world have tapped into another pool of resource. Wall coverings have been around for ages but the past few years, the humble stick-on option has undergone a massive update and gained an even bigger following. From prints catering to every whim and fancy to iconic collaborations that will have you drooling, this is a revolution you cannot ignore.
With the plethora of options to choose from, you have the liberty of narrowing down on the right wall covering to suit your home, personality and identity. That’s one of its biggest perks -– it lets you show-off your individuality and describes you in more ways than one.
If you’re anything like me, picking one out of thousands of delicious wall coverings can be overwhelming. Luckily, design authorities have zeroed in on a few global trends that are here to stay. Out of them, I’ve hand-picked 5 of my absolute favourites that have timeless and trendy written all over them.
Continue reading “5 Contemporary Wallcovering Trends to Heart”
Numero deux of a five part series for decor secrets to hold dear.
- Ironically, throws are not meant to be…err… thrown around. Keep throws under control. Fold them lengthwise, then in half and tuck them into cushions.
- Shimmer and shine away. Gold is back in a big way. A few accents will warm up a room.
- Nothing softens a lonely corner in a big room like a potted tree. Enough said.
- The most indestructible fabric for dining chairs is leather or vinyl, especially if you want white.
- Mix up the seating at your dining table. Those days when all dining chairs had to be identical have gone with the wind. Ask Scarlett, if you don’t believe us?
- Headboards are the perfect combination of form and function and can be created out of every imaginable material including hardwood with wrought-iron inlays, illuminated acrylic and fabric panels.
Continue reading “#HeckOfAHome: 20 Decor Secrets to Swear By – Part 2”
One of a five part blog series, these decor secrets will make you feeling rich… with information.
- Quick and cost effective way of refresh a bedroom? Updating the bed linen and adding plenty of cushions and throws.
- Measurements matter. Before buying any piece of furniture, check how much space it will take. To do this, take a piece of newspaper and make a template of the item. Place the template on the floor and fix it with masking tape to see if the dimensions work with your existing furniture.
- Accent colours can be used as complementary colours. Use bright and vibrant hues in small quantities for that “wow factor”. Try to keep most of your room in tones and shades of a single colour, then pick out a few objects that can be in the accent colour.
- Furniture with mirrored surfaces bounce light around and make a room look larger than it already is.
- Interior design books are full of huge sofas that look great but in a small room they can be very overwhelming and might make a room look and feel tiny.
Continue reading “#HeckOfAHome: 20 Decor Tips to Trip On – Part 1”
Ah, the dread. A relative decides she wants to behold your beautiful face and says she’ll drop by soon or the husband calls and casually drops a bomb about his colleagues visiting or you entirely forgot that you called work friends over for tea. As you rack your overworked mind with all failed excuses you can use to get out of this predicament, a silent realisation sinks in. The house is in a complete mess. Panic, you will and rightly so but we suggest you keep the “why me?” wailing session short and crisp. A quick clean-up is on the charts and you are your own help. Good thing you have us to walk you through it.
THE BEDROOM TREATY
Start with reminding yourself the best news of the day: Your unexpected guests are not going to set foot in the bedroom. This realisation will set you free, calm those nerves and bring out the sly evil in you! You thought right, the bedrooms can be utterly ignored and utilised as temporary dumping grounds (Insert: creepy resonating laugh).
Continue reading “How to Tidy Up your Home in a Jiffy”